Sardine + Salmon Cakes
This recipe makes about 15 patties.
1 415g tin wild-caught pink salmon in springwater
1 100g tin wild-caught sardines in springwater
2 medium-large eggs
2 tbsp green banana flour
Pink salt to taste
Optional: 2 tbsp ground coriander, a few tsp grated lemon zest, garlic,
ginger, other herbs.
Dipping sauce ideas:
- Coconut amino (we like Niulife)
- Ghee-daise using lemon
- Paleo 'mayo' using lemon
- Paleo sweet chilli sauce (Niulife makes one)
1. Pre-heat the oven to about 180 degrees Celcius
2. Drain the liquid from the tins of fish and add the salmon and sardines to a food processor
3. Add the remaining ingredients and blitz on slow speed for a minute or so until the mixture is combined. You may need to scrape down the sides inside halfway through
4. Place spoonfuls onto a sheet of baking paper on the oven tray and use the spoon to form nice fairly-even patties about 1cm high. They won't spread out while cooking so can be placed close together on the tray
5. Bake for about 10 minutes, until the top starts to brown. These can be easily overcooked and become too dry, so keep an eye on them
6. Once cooked, allow to cool slightly before serving alongside your favourite dipping sauce. They won't take long to cool.
Free from: gluten / grains / dairy / nuts / seeds / refined sugar / legumes
Did you make and like this recipe?
Or other recipes of ours?
Let us know! Please pop a 5-star review on our Google page!