Ingredients: (makes about 8)
500g grass-fed beef mince (or lamb, pork etc)
1/2 cup fine grated carrot
1/2 cup fine grated jap pumpkin
(Or use other veggies of choice as long as they're finely grated/diced)
1 tbsp organic pure tomato paste
1 tbsp herbs/spices of choice. I use Mingle Seasoning 'Sammy' All Purpose
Pink salt to taste
Smidge organic coconut oil, grass-fed tallow or grass-fed ghee to grease the
Optional: grated ginger, garlic
1-2 regular meat muffin trays or a large mini muffin tray
1. Pre-heat oven to about 180 degrees Celcius
2. Grease muffin trays with olive oil to prevent sticking
3. Combine all other ingredients well into a mixing bowl, using hands or large spoon
4. Fill muffin tray spaces to the top with the mixture
5. Bake in the oven for 20-30 mins until surfaces are starting to brown and no pink meat juice appears when a knife is inserted into the centres
6. Once cooked remove from the trays using tongs or a spoon and place on a cooling rack to cool down
Make a big batch on a Sunday and have them ready for a quick and easy brekkie each morning before work by simply heating them through in the oven while you're getting ready for work. 1-2 may be enough to fill you for a meal. Or place one on the side of your plate with other veggies / salad.
Change this recipe to suit your own taste buds and what the other family members can and can't / do and don't like.
Free from: gluten / grains / dairy / nuts / egg / seeds / refined sugar / legumes
"I made meaty muffins and they turned out yummy and Morgan ate two for his lunch!"
Tracey, busy mum of two
Did you make and like this recipe?
Or other recipes of ours?
Let us know! Please pop a 5-star review on our Google page!