Creamy Mango Ice Blocks
1 large ripe mango
Equal amount of pure coconut milk or cream (cream may have a
stronger coconut flavour that could overpower the mango)
Optional: fresh mint leaves, beef collagen powder (adds easily-digestible
protein and amino acids), dried ground orange rind/peel (a Vitamin C boost),
Stick or regular blender
Ice block moulds
1. Slice off the mango cheeks, use a spoon to scrape out the flesh into the blender jug, and be sure to remember the flesh around the seed as well
2. Pour in roughly the same amount of coconut milk/cream as mango flesh (e.g. 1 cup mango and 1 cup milk/cream)
3. Add any other ingredients you're using
4. Blitz on high speed until no mango chunks remain (unless you want a chunky fruity texture of course!)
5. Pour mixture into ice block moulds and set in the freezer for a few hours. Depending on the size of the moulds this could take anywhere from 2-5 hours. Best made the night before if wanting to enjoy the morning of a hot Summer's day!
Notes + Tips:
- For a more mango-y flavour simply add more mango flesh than coconut milk/cream
- Use other tropical fruits to create a flavour combination you prefer (such as paw paw, orange, banana)
- Try to avoid using a watery coconut milk/cream because water creates ice crystals when frozen and won't produce as creamy and smooth texture
- If you add fruit juice in you'll notice ice crystals form when frozen. Juice is best used when not aiming for a creamy texture. Also, watery fruits like watermelon don't produce a 'creamy' result.
Free from: Gluten / Grains / Dairy / Refined sugars / Soy / Legumes / Eggs / Nuts / Seeds
These are perfect for the kids to enjoy on hot days
Did you make and like this recipe?
Or other recipes of ours?
Let us know! Please pop a 5-star review on our Google page!