Apricot + Cashew Bites
1 cup organic dried apricots
1 cup raw or activated and dried cashews
1 cup organic desiccated coconut
1/4 cup coconut oil
Optional: pure vanilla
Small silicon moulds (I use mini pattycake moulds)
1. Roughly chop the apricots
2. Place all ingredients in the food processor and blitz or pulse until the mixture is crumbly and all broken up
3. Spoon into moulds and press down firmly with the back of the spoon to ensure the mixture is compacted
4. Place in the fridge for a couple of hours to solidify then remove from moulds and serve
- Remember the coconut oil will melt when warm so these need to be kept cool until serving if it's a hot day.
- If you don't have moulds to use then simply roll the mixture into balls or logs.
Free from: Gluten / Grains / Dairy / Refined sugars / Soy / Legumes / Eggs / Seeds
These make a great snack for kids after school, in their lunchboxes, for work snacks, day trips, camping... very versatile!