Paleo Turkish Delight
4 cups organic pomegranate juice
8 tbsp pure grass-fed beef gelatin (order some HERE)
1/2 cup raw honey (or more or less depending on your preference)
6 tbsp rose water
2 tbsp arrowroot powder
Large square or rectangle silicone mold (or rectangle containers)
Measuring cup and tablespoon
1. Pour room temp juice into a large saucepan and slowly, gently sprinkle gelatin powder evenly over the surface of the liquid, pausing every 2-3 tablespoons worth to allow the liquid to absorb into the gelatin granules before continuing with adding more gelatin to the surface. The larger the saucepan the better as you need as much surface areas as possible.
2. Once all gelatin has been sprinkled onto the surface of the juice place the pot on the stove and slowly bring to a low simmer, whisking to ensure gelatin granules don't stick to the base and burn
3. Add the honey and rose water and whisk until all gelatin and honey has dissolved
4. Pour the liquid into molds then place in the fridge for a few hours to set
(tip: if using silicone molds place them on a firm tray first and transfer that to the fridge because once full of liquid they'll be impossible to move without spillage)
5. In a bag or container with a lid, add the arrowroot powder, cut the set gelatin mixture into squares or rectangles and shake in the bag or container to evenly coat with the powder. If the arrowroot layer is too thick simple tap each piece to shake off some of the powder and so you're left with just a thin coating on all edges. This gives the look and texture of regular Turkish Delight powdered sugar coating but obviously isn't sweet!
6. Store in a container in the fridge when not consuming
Free from: Gluten / Grains / Dairy / Refined sugars / Soy / Legumes / Eggs / Nuts / Seeds
You could coat each piece with a healthy melted-but-not-hot chocolate if you wanted to too!
Did you make and like this recipe?
Or other recipes of ours?
Let us know! Please pop a 5-star review on our Google page!