Easy Meat Waffles
A great way to jazz up basic eggs and mince!
Ingredients: 2 large serves
6 - 8 large biodynamic pastured eggs (depending on how many eggs you
both would eat in one sitting. The mixture does need to be runny)
200-240g grass-fed beef or lamb mince (depending on the qty you and the
other person eat in one sitting)
2 tbsp grass-fed ghee (or butter)
Pink or other good quality salt to taste
- a handful of shredded cheese of choice
- extra ghee and salt to serve
Blender or food processor
1. Turn the waffle maker on to the high temp - these waffles need to be cooked on high and are very very hard to burn or over-cook
2. In a blender (or food processor) add all ingredients and blitz until well combined and the mixture looks like a thick batter
3. Pour mixture onto the waffle maker, enough that can spread and fill the entire space, or less if you prefer smaller sized waffles). Pull down the top and cook as per the machine's instructions but go for longer than flour waffles as you're aiming for a bit of a dark crust on the edges
4. Once cooked well and dark brown on both sides, use the silicon spatula to gently lift and transfer to a plate. Add more mixture to the waffle maker and repeat until all the mixture has been used
5. Serve with extra ghee drizzled on top and a sprinkle of salt if you wish
These can be made small, in one huge batch and refrigerated/frozen to have on hand for quick and easy meals.
Thanks to the inspirational Strong Sistas for this idea!
Did you make and like this recipe?
Or other recipes of ours?
Let us know! Please pop a 5-star review on our Google page!