Chicken Liver Pâté
Paleo, simple + can be made carnivore-friendly
2 hard-boiled eggs
1/4 cup grass-fed ghee + extra for cooking in
1 brown onion
1kg organic chicken livers
1/2 cup bone broth
1 tsp pink salt
- fresh or dried herbs of choice (thyme and oregano work well)
- 1 tbsp coconut amino
- whole peppercorns
- 1 tbsp extra bone broth to create the jelly top
- leave the onion out (easy!)
Frypan and wooden spoon
Food processor or good blender
1. Gently cook the chicken livers on the frypan, without fat if possible, to avoid stewing and to achieve brown edges. Remove from pan and set aside to cool
2. Chop and fry the onion in a bit of ghee until translucent and soft
3. In a food processor add all ingredients, including hard-boiled eggs (peeled and halved) and blitz until smooth. It may take a few stops and stirring to ensure all chunks are blended out
4. Once the mixture is fully blended and smooth use the spatula to transfer to clean glass jars or a container, pressing down/spreading to the edges. Place lids on and refrigerate to set and become cold before serving.
Optional jelly-effect: after a few hours in the fridge, remove the lid/s and pour on extra bone broth then place the lid/s back on and refrigerate again to allow the broth to firm up and become a jelly layer on top as with store-bought versions.
Serve with carrot or celery sticks, paleo crackers or on cooked pieces of meat such as chicken pieces, on a cooked steak etc to add essential nutrients and flavour.
Did you make and like this recipe?
Or other recipes of ours?
Let us know! Please pop a 5-star review on our Google page!