Ingredients: (for 1 cup worth of liquid)
300ml filtered/spring water
1 tbsp raw honey (or however much you prefer)
Handful fresh picked bottlebrush flowers (about 6 or so)
2 tbsp pure grass-fed beef gelatin powder (buy some here)
1. Bring the water to boil in the saucepan, add the bottlebrush flowers and boil for 1-2 minutes
2. Strain through a sieve into a jug and discard the flowers
3. Pour the liquid back into the saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer
4. Stir the water with a whisk in one hand, use your other hand to slowly add teaspoonfuls of gelatin powder
5. Once all gelatin granules have dissolved turn the heat off and whisk in the honey
6. Transfer to a jug with a good pouring lip then pour the liquid into moulds while they're sitting on a firm flat tray
7. Place in the fridge for 3-4 hours to fully set and firm up
8. Remove lollies from moulds and serve!
Keep refrigerated when not consuming.
Notes: use less gelatin if you prefer a 'wobblier' jelly not in moulds but in cups/bowls instead
Always be 100% sure of the ID of a plant before consuming it.
Free from: Gluten / Grains / Dairy / Refined sugars / Soy / Legumes / Eggs / Nuts / Seeds
ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN GATHERING AND CONSUMING WILD FOODS.
ENSURE ACCURATE IDENTIFICATION IS MADE AND YOU UNDERSTAND THE POTENTIAL HEALTH ISSUES ASSOCIATED, SUCH AS WITH FOODS HIGH IN OXALATES ETC.
TRY TO SOURCE ONLY FROM CLEAN ENVIRONMENTS. E.G. NOT CONTAMINATED WITH TOXIC WEED SPRAYS.
"This recipe was amazing! Made them today and they were great. Not as bright in colour but definitely tasted delightful. I made them with my toddler group and they loved being involved in picking the bottle brush, putting them in the pot, and popping the lollies out of the moulds." ~ Madisson
"Super yummy" - Jessica (who got the kids involved!)