As a Primal Kids Coach, you'll work with predominantly primary school-aged ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) children under the Private Kids Coaching service for 30min - 1-hour sessions, on the Sunshine Coast at one or more public parks.
The sessions are available for 1:1 (1x child) and sibling sessions for 2-3 children at one time and incorporate a variety of fun and functional games and activities based on the needs and personality of the client and the goals of the parent/s.
You won't be standing back instructing and watching; you'll be participating in every game, activity and movement you ask the kids to do.
This is a special role where you'll be directly responsible for helping children to move, feel and live better while also providing great benefit to the rest of the family indirectly.
The role is definitely unique as it's not something that can be taught in any college or requires any specific qualifications. It was created by Primal Influence co-owner and experienced Natural Fitness + Lifestyle Coach Clint Bauer from his experience working with children privately, with classes and through our events and incorporates a variety of natural movement, play and fitness elements with improved fitness and strength being a 'side-effect' to the emotional and behavioral benefits which are the main focus of this service.
This service is in great demand for local ASD families and as Clint is now almost at capacity with clients we're looking for another team member to take on new clients so kids who need this don't miss out on the incredible benefits it provides. It's a truly rewarding and fulfilling role as you'll be working closely and physically interacting with kids on a weekly basis, encouraging them to step outside of their comfort zone, helping them achieve things they don't think are possible, watching them grow and evolve into more emotionally and physically capable human beings.
IN A NUTSHELL this role is a combination of mentoring, strength and fitness coaching, being a friend
and role model, and a nature-play advocate/educator.
What experience and qualifications do applicants need?
A qualified Personal Trainer (Cert 3 + 4 in Fitness) is essential or currently studying or possibly keen to in the future.
Also if you have experience working with NT (Neuro-typical) and/or ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) children and have very good physical fitness and stamina.
We do the work getting you the clients and we teach you all you need to know to effectively run
your sessions, such as all games/activities/natural movement skills, communication techniques
and admin systems.
We encourage you to bring your unique flair and creativity to the role!
What about permits, insurance etc?
If you don't already have these you'll need to obtain:
- an ABN (sole trader)
- a Blue Card (working with children)
- a Sunshine Coast Council commercial use low impact land use permit
- $20M public liability insurance (to include physically working with children)
- CPR and First Aid certificates
What personal and professional attributes and desires are we looking for?
- You're excited to be working closely with primary-school-aged kids, mostly on the Spectrum
- You're open to learning natural movement skills and play activities (climbing, hanging, crawling, balancing etc + games)
- You're creative and have a good imagination
- You're adaptable, patient, empathetic, and have good verbal and written communication skills
- You have good computer literacy and both verbal and written communication skills
- You're serious about making this a long-term part-time or full-time career and will give this role 100% attention and energy
- You don't already have your own business or work for someone else in a similar role or capacity
- You don't have niggling injuries or chronic pain (example: a bad back, dodgy knees etc)
- You're energetic and have a positive mindset
- You're a nature lover and are passionate about getting more kids (and adults!) outdoors to utilize nature for their health and well-being
There is room to grow within Primal Influence; with the potential to run school holiday and
in-school-hours classes, and be involved in our local events/workshops, nature day events and
weekend camps. There may also be opportunities for professional development in terms of obtaining
new and relevant skills and qualifications.
Time requirements + pay
Time: you need to be available for a minimum of 8 hours per week, with some availability after-school (usually 2:30pm onwards) and on weekends
Pay rate: From $40 per hour
Location: Sunshine Coast at one or more public parks
Intended start date: early-mid December 2020
Paid training will be provided to the successful applicant for a few hours at a time over multiple days.
Could you be our new Primal Kids Coach?
If you think it's a possibility and would like to apply here's what to do next and the process involved:
1. Email us (via the button below) with your resume file attachedand include text with a bit about yourself and why you think you'd make a great Primal Kids Coach
2. Wait for an email receipt of your application which may include a request to meet
3. If you've been invited to meet we'll tee up a time to get together and chat more about you, the business, the role, what happens in Private Kids Coaching sessions, and anything else we need and want to cover
4. We'll invite you to view a couple of Clint's client sessions so you can see what goes on and ultimately what you'd be doing if you come on board
5. If you're then keen to progress we would organise 1-2 sessions with clients where you can be involved so we can see you working and communicating with kids
6. The successful candidate will then be invited to join the team and the training and fun will commence!