Mexican Pulled Beef
1.5 kg grass-fed beef blade
1/2 cup organic tomato paste
1 tbsp coconut amino (plain or with chilli/garlic/onion) (I use Niulife)
1 tbsp sweet paprika
1 tbsp coriander powder
1 tbsp cumin powder
2 tsp minced garlic
1/2 cup bone broth or filtered/spring water
1 large brown onion, finely diced
1 tsp pink salt, black pepper
Optional: cayenne pepper and/or regular paprika for a spicy heat kick
Forks or meat pulling gadget
1. Place beef in the slow cooker
2. Add all other ingredients in and use your hands to rub evenly all over the meat, ensuring plenty is sitting on top to keep it moist
3. Allow it to cook on low temp for about 8 hours
4. Once cooked, allow to cool slightly then use two forks to pull the meat apart into shreds
5. Leave the meat in the slow cooker to completely cool down, stir to allow the sauce to cover the meat shreds. It'll thicken up and be absolutely delicious!
6. Store in glass containers in the fridge and freezer for easy re-heatable meals.
This is fantastic in my green banana flour tacos! The recipe is in the savoury Cooking with Green Banana Flour e-book
Free from: Gluten / Grains / Dairy / Refined sugars / Soy / Legumes / Eggs / Nuts / Seeds
Did you make and like this recipe?
Or other recipes of ours?
Let us know! Please pop a 5-star review on our Google page!