Lilly Pilly + Green Banana Flour Pikelets
with Davidson Plum, Lilly Pilly + Coconut Cream
Utilising fresh lilly pilly when it's in season in a really healthy way
1/4 cup organic green banana flour
2 tbsp filtered/spring water
1/2 tsp each of bicarb soda (aluminium-free)
and baking powder (gluten and rice free)
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
Sweetener of choice (raw honey, stevia powder etc)
Pinch of salt
1/4 - 1/2 cup fresh lilly pilly (riberry variety don't have seeds but most others do have seeds that need to be removed. Simply pinch a fruit to break open and remove the seed)
Sweetener of choice
1/2 cup pure coconut cream (Ayam is my favourite brand)
About 1/2 tbsp illy pilly fruit, de-seeded
Fresh or thawed Davidson Plum, de-seeded - just a little, it can be pretty intense!
Measuring cups and spoons
1. Add all pikelet ingredients, except for the lilly pilly fruit, to the stick blender jug and blitz on high to combine well to reach a thick batter
2. Stir in the de-seeded lilly pilly pieces
3. Pour small amounts onto a moderately hot pan (I use cast iron with a little tallow to prevent sticking)
4. Flip each one over when the top is almost all cooked but the centre remains a little wet
5. Finish cooking the other side then remove from the pan and stack on a plate
6. To make the cream simply add all ingredients to a stick blender jug and blitz until the fruit is all blended and you have a purple cream
7. Pour this into your pikelet stack and garnish with a couple of extra lilly pilly pieces
Most lilly pilly fruit tend to be in season in Summer on the Suns
Free from: Gluten / Grains / Dairy / Refined sugars / Soy / Legumes / Nuts / Seeds
Did you make and like this recipe?
Or other recipes of ours?
Let us know! Please pop a 5-star review on our Google page!