Kangaroo Savoury Mince
500g kangaroo mince (1kg packs usually range from $7.50-$10)
About 4 cups fresh veggies (carrot, onion, zuke, cauli, pumpkin work well)
1-2 tbsp dried herb and spice mix (I LOVE Mingle varieties)
Healthy oil for pan (I use grass-fed ghee, tallow, coconut oil)
Drizzle of organic olive oil to serve
Himalayan salt to taste
Optional: coconut amino (Niulife 'naked' or 'original' are my picks)
(leave out for the Primal Reboot)
Handy Kitchen Gadgets:
Food processor or similar chopping doovy-whatsit
Large fry pan or saucepan with lid
1. Heat frypan or saucepan on the stove to a moderate temp to get started. Add cooking oil/fat
2. Roughly chop veggies- to about the same size pieces - then place in the food processor and blitz for about 5-10 seconds until small pieces remain
3. Transfer the veggie mixture to the stove and spread out to start cooking
4. Add in the kangaroo mince and use a wooden spoon or spatula to break up
5. Place the lid on for speedier cooking. Continue breaking it all up and stirring every couple of minutes
6. When the mixture has almost finished cooking dd herbs and spices, as well as the salt, and stir to combine
7. Transfer to a bowl to serve there and then for dinner, and place the rest in sealable containers to refrigerate and take to work (freeze any you won't be consuming within a few days)
It's as easy as that!
Notes + Tips:
- Roo mince cooking on its own can be quite 'liquidy' and end up stewing but cooked like this with the veggies doesn't seem to be a problem
- Replace dried herb and spice mix with fresh herbs and spices of choice if you prefer
- Add tomato paste and bone broth to turn it into a bolognese-style sauce and serve with pasta of choice (zoodles, grain-free bought pasta, konjac noodles etc)
- I think this dish is delicious when cold but you could heat it up at home in the morning then take to work in a thermos (to avoid nasty microwave radiation)
Free from: Gluten / Grains / Dairy / Refined sugars / Soy / Legumes / Eggs / Nuts / Seeds
Kangaroo mince is so affordable and really healthy so it's a great ingredient for quick + easy meals!
Did you make and like this recipe?
Or other recipes of ours?
Let us know! Please pop a 5-star review on our Google page!