Spear Making + Hunting, Eco-Craft, Earth Awareness, Bushtucker + Cooking Workshops
A special nature experience for families; for their own personal growth + development as well as benefiting from important bonding opportunities
WHERE + WHEN
TBA for 2020
Located at a private bushfoods property, Kenilworth QLD
Bring the kids out to the country for two days of nature immersion; learning innate and traditional human skills, connecting to the environment around you + with each other and eating clean + delicious food.
This 2-day retreat is for families wanting to experience and benefit from more quality time outdoors and with each other.
The activities and the environment may spark excitement, creativity, imagination and enthusiasm in you and your kids!
Whether you and your children simply don't get enough nature time each week and you're seeking more,
or you're outdoors often and want to learn new skills, feel more confident going camping, meet new people and experience something truly unique... this event is for you!
WHO CAN ATTEND?
- Children aged 5 - 13 years old (or are able to participate in structured activities using knives and other 'risky' equipment and tools)
- Parents / guardians
Minimum 1 child + 1 parent/guardian and maximum 3 children + 2 parents/guardians per booking.
Babies may attend if able to rest/sleep in a stroller/pram/cot for the duration. This event and venue is not suitable for toddlers or children under the age requirement.
POSSIBLE PROGRAM + ACTIVITIES
COST TO ATTEND
NDIS funding may be available.
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
- All main meals (1x lunch, 1x dinner, 1x dessert, 1x breakfast), coffee/native teas/hot cocoa, and some snacks
- Comprehensive primitive skills workshops and equipment for kids and adults with Clint and our assistant
- Gathering and cooking with bushfoods for adults with Aimee
- Earth Awareness presentation + practice with Clint
- Cooking workshop + cooking demo with Aimee for the adults
- Eco-craft workshops with Aimee, with various craft activities to choose from and all materials supplied
- Nature connection meditation workshop for adults with Aimee
- Recipe and educational resources provided as hard copies and electronically
- On-site porta-loo
- Springwater on tap
- On-site parking
- Use of natural sunscreen, bug spray and hand soap
- Expert and friendly hosts and staff
- First Aid + CPR certified hosts and a stocked First Aid Kit
- A primal/paleo-based menu
- Camping on a private bushtucker property surrounded by beautiful bush, with an abundance of wildlife, plenty of peace and quiet, and a fantastic weekend away in the country!
>> This event is not suitable for vegans/vegetarians.
>> Morning and Afternoon Tea foods and any extra drinks of choice to be provided by guests.
- Camp chair for each person
- 1x tent per family, swags, 1x camper trailer (upon application as it depends on space available)
- 1x drink bottle for each person
- Backpack for bushwalk
- Linen, bedding and pillows
- 1x hat for each person
- 1x mug for each person
- Own snack foods (BYO esky and ice if required for snack foods and any medications)
A detailed What To Bring list will be provided upon registration.
Spaces will be strictly limited. Bookings will be essential.
Register your interest below to be the first to find out when bookings are available.
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST TO ATTEND THE NEXT EVENT:
1. Read the T+C and Cancellation + Refund policies HERE
2. Complete the booking form accurately
3. An email reply will be sent to you manually within 24-hours
By completing the booking form you agree to accept the T+C and Cancellation + Refund policies