Spear Making, Eco-Craft + Cooking Workshops
A fun day out for families to learn new skills, eat good food, connect with nature + other people
WHERE + WHEN
Saturday 18 May 2019
10am - 4pm
Private property, Kenilworth
Take the family out to the country for a day of nature immersion, learning, food and true connection with the environment, yourselves and with others.
This day retreat is for families wanting to experience and benefit from more quality time outdoors and with each other.
The activities and the environment may spark excitement, creativity, imagination and enthusiasm in you and your kids!
Whether you and your children simply don't get enough nature time each week and you're seeking more,
or you're outdoors often and want to learn new skills, meet new people and experience something truly unique...
this event is for you!
WHO CAN ATTEND?
- Children aged 5 - 13 years old
- Parents / guardians
PROGRAM + ACTIVITIES
COST TO ATTEND
Early Bird: $150 for 1 adult + 1 child
$55 for each extra family member*
(available: 27/3/19 - 22/4/19)
Regular: $180 for 1 adult + 1 child
$80 for each extra family member*
(available: 23/4/19 - 15/5/19)
Example: 1 adult + 1 child $150 and 1 extra child $55 = $205.
*Must be a family member (e.g. not mum, child and friend of child) and must be booked in and paid for at the same time as the 1 adult/1 child.
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
- Morning Tea food and drink (bushfoods billy tea, organic coffee, food)
- Comprehensive spear making and target practice workshop for the kids with Clint
- Foraging for bushfoods and edible plants with Aimee for the adults
- Cooking workshop with Aimee for the adults and all ingredients for making our lunch
- Eco-craft workshop with Aimee, with various craft activities to choose from and all materials supplied
- Nature connection workshop with Aimee
- Recipe and educational resources provided as hard copies and electronically
- On-site use of a waterless toilet
- Springwater on tap
- On-site parking
- Use of natural bug spray and hand soap
- Expert and friendly hosts and staff
- First Aid + CPR certified host and a stocked First Aid Kit
- A paleo-based menu created to be free from gluten, grains, animal milk, refined sugar and modern legumes
- Access to private property surrounded by beautiful bush, with an abundance of wildlife, plenty of peace and quiet, and a fantastic day out in the country!
- Camp chair for each person
- Drink bottle for each person
- Cushion or folded towel to sit on for the last activity by the creek
- Own food for afternoon tea if you need to provide food for the kids on the way home
To leave at home or in the car:
- Tech devices and gadgets!
- Chemical bug sprays
- Camping is not permitted on-site however there are various options nearby such as:
* Kenilworth Homestead
* Bush camping at Charlie Moreland and Booloumba Creek
* Kenilworth Camping on a dairy farm
So why not make a weekend out of it?
Spaces are limited. Bookings are essential. Full payment is required by Wed 15 May.
Babies may attend if able to rest/sleep in a stroller/pram/cot for the duration. This event and venue is not suitable for toddlers or children under the age requirement.
REGISTER TO ATTEND:
1. Read the T+C and Cancellation + Refund policies HERE
2. Complete the booking form accurately
3. An email reply will be sent to you manually within 24-hours
By completing the booking form you agree to accept the T+C and Cancellation + Refund policies