Cooking in the Country Workshop
For singles and couples who are looking for a unique food and nature experience not available anywhere else, this special one-day event is the perfect opportunity to spend a day out in the country learning about edible native plants that are easy to grow and how to cook with them, and unlike other cooking classes and foodie events this workshop is completely hands on from gathering fresh bushtucker ingredients to turning them into healthy dishes
HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE FIRST EVENT
WHERE + WHEN FOR THE NEXT EVENT
Autumn or Winter 2020 - a date will be chosen once the region has had significant rainfall
9:30am - 3:00pm
Private bushfoods garden, Kenilworth (45min from Maroochydore)
Enjoy a day out in the country immersing yourself in nature, indigenous culture, gathering bushfoods right off the trees, cooking with them to create truly unique, nutritious and delicious sweet and savoury dishes, enjoying the freshly made gourmet feast, chatting and relaxing to the sounds of birds chirping.
An experience unlike any other!
Come by yourself and meet new people, bring your partner, come with a friend or colleague... no matter what you'll have a great time!
PROGRAM - the final program to be announced soon and may include more!
INGREDIENTS WE MAY BE USING
- in-season native edible fruit, citrus, leaves, herbs picked + used fresh
- bunya nuts
- kangaroo, chicken + wild-caught fish
- native pepperberry and salt
- macadamia nuts and oil
- wattleseed + other herbs/spices
- green banana flour
- coconut-based ingredients
- pure grass-fed gelatin
- local raw honey
- chia seeds
+ lots more!
Many of the ingredients can be easily sourced online, at health food stores and in some supermarkets, meaning you can easily replicate the recipes at home, or change them to suit your tastes and available ingredients.
All the plants we gather from grow easily in SEQ and can be purchased from local native nurseries or online. There's a real emphasis on educating our guests on the importance of growing natives and how they easily can.
Food and drink recipes are free from gluten, grains, animal milk, modern legumes and cane sugar.
COST TO ATTEND
Single: $145 ea - saving $25 ea
Twin*: $140 ea - saving $5 ea
Single: $170 ea
Twin*: $165 ea - saving $5 ea
*Must be under the one booking and is for maximum 2 people in the one booking, subject to availability.
Not suitable for children/teens.
Spaces are strictly limited to 6 guests.
This is a very intimate workshop with constant assistance, education and support from your host.
The above prices may change before the next event is open for bookings.
- Identification of and foraging for native Australian bushfoods and other edible plants
- Hands-on cooking workshop, all equipment and all ingredients for making lunch and afternoon tea
- Nature Connection Meditation session
- Recipe and educational resources provided as hard copies and electronically
- On-site use of a water-less bucket toilet
- Spring and filtered water on tap
- Street parking outside the property
- Use of natural repellent and hand soap
- Expert and friendly hosts and staff
- First Aid + CPR certified host and a stocked First Aid Kit
- A paleo-based menu created to be free from gluten, grains, animal milk, refined sugar and modern legumes
- Entry to win 1x Bushtucker Starter Garden Kit valued at $65
- Access to a private property surrounded by beautiful bush, with an abundance of wildlife, plenty of peace and quiet, and a fantastic day out in the country!
- Camping is not permitted on-site however there are various options nearby such as Kenilworth Homestead, Charlie Moreland and Booloumba Creek, Kenilworth Camping on a dairy farm. So why not make a weekend out of it?
EVERY GUEST GOES IN THE DRAW TO WIN
A BUSHFOODS STARTER GARDEN KIT VALUED AT $65!
GUEST FEEDBACK + TESTIMONIALS
"Saturday was absolutely amazing! I appreciate your commitment and dedication to learning about our unique bush foods and passing on your knowledge via Primal Influence workshops. A very happy participant"
"A great day of learning, cooking, storytelling and finishing with a guided meditation. Highly recommended!"
"it was a GREAT Day. I have to say it was one of 'the' best run workshops I have attended in a very long time. Aimee is passionate and very knowledgeable about her cooking and use of our native ingredients wherever possible. She passed that knowledge on with fun and efficiency and enveloped our small group with her enthusiasm and joy. I must say the day passed much too quickly. She is a very down to earth, common sense woman. Am definitely going to be doing more workshops with her and highly recommend them to anyone interested. Also, big thanks to Clint and Kate for helping out. Great workshop - very interesting, great camaraderie, awesome food - yum and great natural bushland setting.
Looking forward to next workshop guys."
"Aimee put on the most wonderful event. Her knowledge of all things bush food and cooking is fantastic.
Overall it was a truly enjoyable day."
"A wonderful experience, designed with great care and respect for First Nations people as well as for the environment. Aimee is knowledgeable, patient, and clearly loves sharing her learning with others. Her guided meditation at the end is the perfect end to a fascinating day in a beautiful environment with delicious food."
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST FOR THE NEXT WORKSHOP:
Complete the form below to be notified as soon as the next workshop date is set.
You'll have the opportunity to grab one of only 6 spots before the public does!