Cooking in the Country Workshop
For singles and couples who are looking for a unique food and nature experience not available anywhere else, this special one-day event is the perfect opportunity to spend a day out in the country learning about edible native plants that are easy to grow and how to cook with them, and unlike other cooking classes and foodie events this workshop is completely hands on from gathering fresh bushtucker ingredients to turning them into healthy dishes
HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE FIRST EVENT
WHERE + WHEN FOR THE NEXT EVENT
Saturday 7 December 2019
10am - 3:30pm
Private bushfoods garden, Kenilworth (45min from Maroochydore)
Enjoy a day out in the country immersing yourself in nature, indigenous culture, gathering bushfoods right off the trees, cooking with them to create truly unique, nutritious and delicious sweet and savoury dishes, enjoying the freshly made gourmet feast, chatting and relaxing to the sounds of birds chirping.
An experience unlike any other!
Come by yourself and meet new people, bring your partner, come with a friend or colleague... no matter what you'll have a great time!
PROGRAM + MENU
INGREDIENTS WE'LL BE USING
- in-season native edible fruit, citrus, leaves, herbs picked + used fresh
- bunya nuts
- kangaroo, chicken + wild-caught fish
- native pepperberry and salt
- macadamia nuts and oil
- wattleseed + other herbs/spices
- green banana flour
- coconut-based ingredients
- pure grass-fed gelatin
- local raw honey
- chia seeds
+ lots more!
Many of the ingredients can be easily sourced online, at health food stores and in some supermarkets, meaning you can easily replicate the recipes at home, or change them to suit your tastes and available ingredients.
All the plants we gather from grow easily in SEQ and can be purchased from local native nurseries or online. There's a real emphasis on educating our guests on the importance of growing natives and how they easily can.
Food and drink recipes are free from gluten, grains, animal milk, modern legumes and cane sugar.
COST TO ATTEND
Single: $99 ea - saving $25 ea
Twin*: $94 ea - saving $30 ea
available Mon 14 Oct - Mon 4 Nov 2019
Single: $124 ea
Twin*: $119 ea - saving $5 ea
available Tue 5 Nov - Tue 3 Dec 2019
*Must be under the one booking and is for maximum 2 people in the one booking, subject to availability.
Not suitable for children however teens can attend and participate.
Spaces are strictly limited to 8 guests.
THIS EVENT HAS SOLD OUT!
Join the waiting list below.
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
- Identification of and foraging for native Australian bushfoods and other edible plants
- Indigenous Australian cultural storytelling with local Kabi Kabi / Gubbi Gubbi descendant
- Cooking workshop, all equipment and all ingredients for making lunch and afternoon tea
- Nature connection workshop
- Recipe and educational resources provided as hard copies and electronically
- On-site use of a water-less bucket toilet
- Spring water on tap
- Street parking outside the property
- Use of natural repellent and hand soap
- Expert and friendly hosts and staff
- First Aid + CPR certified host and a stocked First Aid Kit
- A paleo-based menu created to be free from gluten, grains, animal milk, refined sugar and modern legumes
- Entry to win 1x Bushtucker Seedling Starter Kit valued at $65
- Access to a private property surrounded by beautiful bush, with an abundance of wildlife, plenty of peace and quiet, and a fantastic day out in the country!
- Camping is not permitted on-site however there are various options nearby such as:
* Kenilworth Homestead
* Bush camping at Charlie Moreland and Booloumba Creek
* Kenilworth Camping on a dairy farm
So why not make a weekend out of it?
EVERY GUEST GOES IN THE DRAW TO WIN
A BUSHFOODS SEEDLING STARTER KIT VALUED AT $65!
JOIN THE WAITING LIST:
Complete the form below to be notified if spaces become available.
If none become available this time around then you'll be the FIRST to be notified of the next event in a few months time.