Finger Lime + Avocado Dip with Wattelseed + Chia Crackers
A zingy, vibrant and healthy dip with crunchy flavourful crackers
1 ripe avocado
2-3 finger limes (depending on size)
1 tbsp macadamia oil
Optional: raw macadamia nuts or cashews (to make a ‘pesto’ style dip)
¼ cup ground wattleseed mix
¼ cup sesame seeds
¾ cup chia seeds
3 cups water + extra
Extra finger lime 'caviar' to garnish
Stick blender or bowl and whisk
Large mixing bowl
1. Cut the avocado in half, discard the seed and spoon the flesh into the stick blender jug
2. Squeeze the lime ‘flesh’ into the stick blender jug
3. Add the remaining ingredients and blitz until well combined. For a chunkier dip don’t use the stick blender, just use a fork to mush up the ingredients
Tip: Add a little more oil for a runnier dip
1. Pre-heat oven to 120 and line oven trays with baking paper
2. Place all ingredients into a large mixing bowl and stir well
3. Let it sit for 30mins for the water to absorb into the seeds. If the mixture is then too thick add another 1-2 tbsp of water and stir well
4. When the mixture is thick but still runny enough to easily spoon onto the baking paper use a teaspoon to place blobs onto the baking paper and create circles. They can be placed close together as they don’t spread when cooking, so fill the oven trays up with just slight gaps between each round of mixture
5. Place in the oven and cook on the low temp for at least an hour, maybe even 2-3 hours depending on your oven. Check at about the 1-hour mark and turn over the crackers when they don’t feel wet and too soft, but are firming up
6. Remove from the oven when all are completely dry throughout
Note: the higher the temp the more likely they are to brown too much or even burn.
These make a terrific addition to any dinner party, gathering, picnic or just as a yummy snack at home!
Free from: Gluten / Grains / Dairy / Refined sugars / Soy / Modern Legumes / Nuts / Egg
Did you make and like this recipe?
Or other recipes of ours?
Let us know! Please pop a 5-star review on our Google page!