Berry Nice Waffles
3 pastured eggs, at room temp
1/2 cup pure coconut milk
5 tbsp coconut oil, liquefied
2 tbsp raw honey
1/2 tsp pure vanilla
1 1/2 cups green banana flour
1/2 tsp pink salt
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp each baking powder and bicarb soda (look for aluminium/gluten/rice-free)
3/4 cup fresh or frozen and thawed organic berries of choice
Smidge of extra oil for the waffle maker
Optional: extra honey, berries and coconut milk to pour over before serving, slices of banana to garnish, maple syrup to drizzle on, desiccated coconut, thick coconut cream, paleo ice cream to top with... the options are endless!
Silicon spatula or tongs
Mixing bowl and spoon
1. Follow waffle maker instructions to heat up the plates
2. Whisk eggs, coconut milk, apple cider vinegar, oil and honey together to form a runny mixture
3. In a separate bowl combine all dry ingredients and blueberries then pour the egg mixture in and stir well
4. Place some mixture onto the waffle iron to make the size you like (you may want to make mini waffles by placing a small amount of batter in the centre, or spread the batter evenly across to make full-size waffles)
5. Cook waffles as per the instruction booklet for your maker, remove each waffle once cooked through and starting to become golden brown with some crisp edges
6. Serve and enjoy!
Free from: gluten / grains / dairy / nuts / seeds / refined sugar / legumes
The perfect lazy Sunday brekkie or brunch to enjoy with friends and family!