Natural Basket Weaving + Cordage Making Workshop
Using abundant natural + native fibers to create beautiful, unique + functional woven pieces
WHERE + WHEN
End of April or early May 2019 - Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning options will be available
(or contact Aimee to organise a private workshop for 4-10 people!)
Allow up to 3 hours in case we do go over time learning, sharing, eating!
Located in Maroochydore (address provided upon registration)
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST BELOW
Join Aimee from Primal Influence to learn the techniques of making primitive and natural coil weave basket and cordage using easily-accessible and abundant fibres from native Lomandra.
You'll learn how to find, prepare and use the fibres to achieve the best results from the time spent weaving.
These items are incredibly useful in the home and garden - for yourself or make some as gifts for others!
Your basket can be whatever size you like and can be used throughout the home to store/display items, outside collecting foods from your garden, wild food foraging + more.
Cordage can be used to replace synthetic string, twine and wire in the home and garden. Knowing how to make this if ever in a survival situation could also really come in handy as it's essentially rope.
Creating natural items from scratch like this, the process it takes is an incredibly mindful and rewarding practice and may help reduce stress and bring more joy into life.
Suitable for older children - there'll be plastic sewing needles available.
You'll also enjoy delicious and healthy treats and cold drinks made from beautiful native bushfoods!
Native fibers + native foods = a great combination!
- Comprehensive weaving demonstration of the coil basket and cordage techniques
- Creation of your own cordage and basket with constant guidance from Aimee
- All materials needed to make a basket and cordage
- Healthy and delicious bushtucker foods + drinks
- Filtered water
Limited to 10 spots each workshop. Bookings essential + payment due by_____
Children and teens may only attend if they are participating. Younger children/babies not participating may attend free if they are not eating/drinking but please note the event and venue is not really suited to youngens, there's very little space for them to play, read, etc but if you need to bring a young child along we may be able to accommodate.
Maria - Natural Soap Making Workshop attendee
"I loved the workshop and can't wait to do more. Thanks for being so approachable and available for questions. So glad I finally got to meet you and attend one of your workshops."
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST FOR THE NEXT WORKSHOP OR ENQUIRE ABOUT ORGANISING A PRIVATE CLASS:
1. Complete the form below accurately
2. An email reply will be sent to you manually within 48-hours
If you have any problems using the form below click here to email me the same information requested in the form.
Terms + Conditions
- An automated email with payment details will be sent to the email address used above so the accuracy of typing it in is crucial.
- If the email does not appear in the Inbox within 24-hours it is suggested to check Spam and filtering settings to allow for MailChimp emails to enter.
- Full payment of $65.00 / $55.00 per person is required via bank transfer immediately after the online booking form has been completed the automatic email reply has been received, in order to secure a booking for the event.
- Payment must be paid in full by 7 February 2019.
- Cancellation up to 5 days prior in writing via email, receives a full refund via bank transfer within 14 days of the date of the event taking place.
- Cancellation from 2 days prior incurs a fee of 100% of the total.
- Cancellation due to extenuating circumstances may allow for a transfer of the booking to the next workshop date with the maximum time allowed 3 months. After that time a new registration and payment must be made in order to attend a workshop.
- All foods provided are based on Paleo guidelines and exclude dairy, gluten, grains, soy, egg and refined sugar. Not suitable for vegans/vegetarians.
- Food allergies and sensitivities outside of the excluded food groups cannot be catered for.
- Not all ingredients are certified organic due to seasonal and general availability.
- Aimee Clark is not a qualified Chef.
- Aimee Clark takes no responsibility for any food allergy/sensitivity reactions or sickness guests experience during or after the event.
- This event is suitable for children and adults able to use a sharp sewing needle. Minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Primal Influence reserves the right to move the event to a later date due to unforeseen circumstances including poor health and poor weather conditions.
- In the case of the event being postponed each guest will have the option of requesting a full refund via email if they cannot attend the new date.
- Each registered guest will be added to the Primal E-News list.