Apple + Cinnamon Jelly
Ingredients: (for 4 large or 8 small serves)
4 large organic apples (any variety)
1 tbsp organic cinnamon powder (or to your liking)
4 tbsp pure grass-fed beef gelatin powder (order HERE)
4 tbsp spring/filtered water
Optional: raw honey or pure Grade B maple to sweeten
Stick or regular blender
1. Roughly chop the apple into small pieces (peel the skin off if you after a less-textured jelly, otherwise keep it on and benefit from the added fibre)
2. Place apple in the blender jug along with cinnamon (and honey if using)
3. Pour water into the saucepan then gently sprinkle the gelatin powder evenly across the surface of the water. It will spread out easily but if doing this for the first time, go slow. Do this without the stove heat on yet.
4. The gelatin will only take a few seconds to soften. Turn the heat up slowly, starting with a moderate temp, whisking to stir through well then bringing to a gentle simmer to ensure all gelatin granules dissolve
5. Pout gelatin water into the blender jug then blitz on high speed until the apple has blended and it looks similar to an apple 'smoothie'
6. Pour the mixture into separate serving dishes, or one large one to scoop out from later, then place in the fridge for a few hours to set
7. Once set remove from the fridge and enjoy!
Notes: use less gelatin if you prefer a 'wobblier' jelly
To Serve: Drizzle raw honey on and/or add a dollop of pure coconut cream
Free from: Gluten / Grains / Dairy / Refined sugars / Soy / Legumes / Eggs / Nuts / Seeds
Did you make and like this recipe?
Or other recipes of ours?
Let us know! Please pop a 5-star review on our Google page!