Apple + Cinnamon Chips
2 organic whole apples
1 tsp organic cinnamon powder
1-2 tbsp liquified coconut oil
Optional: pure vanilla
1. Pre-heat oven to about 150 degrees Celsius
2. Remove stalk from tops of apples then place a whole apple upright in the slicing tool holder and slice until you get to the last bit of apple remaining.
3. Repeat with the other apple so you have evenly sliced apple rounds.
4. The seeds will be mostly broken and therefore easy to remove and discard
5. In a small bowl add the coconut oil and cinnamon then stir well
6. Place apple pieces close together on a sheet of baking paper on an oven tray
7. Use the pastry brush to dab and brush on some coconut oil and cinnamon, trying to leave an even coating over all pieces
8. Turn each piece over and repeat
9. Place in the oven and set the timer for around 10 mins so you can check on them. You may need to move pieces around to ensure even cooking and burn prevention (the sugar in the apples cooks fast and could result in burning)
10. Once all pieces are lightly brown on both sides remove them from the oven and allow to cool and crisp up
11. Serve or keep in an airtight container/zip-lock bag OUT of the fridge
Free from: Gluten / Grains / Dairy / Refined sugars / Soy / Legumes / Eggs / Nuts / Seeds
These make a great snack for kids after school, in their lunchboxes, for work snacks, day trips, camping... very versatile!
Did you make and like this recipe?
Or other recipes of ours?
Let us know! Please pop a 5-star review on our Google page!